Friday, September 10, 2010

Knit me baby, one more time

Wow I have been so busy. I have completed a few projects these past few weeks, will add them to the end of this blog.

I find it really funny that when people FIRST find out I knit, I get one of two responses: "Wow, you're an old lady now, can you knit me something?" or "I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how but never had the time(don't have patience, it looks hard, etc), can you knit me something?" Since I am still fairly new to the knitting world and obscenely obsessed (I caught myself smelling my yarn in the car), I am pretty generous with knitting things for people right now. The ladies at my LYS did make a valid point with me yesterday. Only the people who are crafty themselves will truly appreciate what it takes to make that sweater. So I decided to reserve my big projects to immediate family only. The one exception to my new rule is a pullover hoodie my cousin wants me to make her by Christmas, but that's because she is buying the yarn.

About to start my sisters birthday present. She requested pink and black striped leg warmers with a Hello Kitty face on the calves, so this is a totally custom made pattern. I am currently working on my gauge and trying to make a color chart that will fit. This has to be done in 3 days! I've got my sweatbands on and "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background. Let's do this!!!

And now for pictures! I recently completed my daughters backpack and the baby blanket for my friend:





















2 comments:

  1. What a lovely blanket! Where can I find the pattern?
    Love from Line Kristine in Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it on Ravelry, but I have pulled up a direct link for you! It is a wonderful blanket,m enjoy!

    http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyafheart.htm

    ReplyDelete