Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'm a Barbie girl

Over these past few months, I've had to buy many kinds of yarn for all of the projects I've done and have collected a bit of a collection of the left over yarn. I grew up in a home where being wasteful was a big NO-NO. I don't know how many times my mother told me, "You better appreciate what you have, because your cousins in the Philippines don't have it."

So, naturally, I look at all that left over yarn and automatically start thinking of things I need to do with it so it doesn't end up in the trash. I've knitted a couple small pieces (baby hats, cell phone covers) and have grown quite bored making them. I entertained the idea of making some amigurumi but I don't know how far I can go with that before everyone gets tired of receiving them from me!

Then a GENIUS idea came to me. Why not knit barbie doll clothes? She spends half her time naked anyways (you'll understand when you have a little girl in your life under the age of 10) Not only will I have something to do with that extra yarn, but I will be able to practice making all sorts of different projects (just miniaturized) AND barbie will have an extensive FREE wardrobe! Can I get a what what?

No comments:

Post a Comment