Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm officially a designer!!

If you look under the "Designs" tab you will see a special section to help you search for things created just by yours truly! I have put up my very first pattern, the Hello Kitty leg warmers my sister requested for her birthday. I searched for hours on the web trying to find something remotely close to what my sister wanted, but found nothing. So I decided to just try to make some on my own. While I loved the challenge of creating my own pattern, I think I need to work on my knitting skills just a bit more before tackling any more . Feed back is very welcome, please feel free to share any changes you may have made when making this for yourself!

Hello Kitty Legwarmers

Finished measurements:
Gauge: 4”= 26 sts

Materials:
Size 5 US dpns (set of 4)
(A) 2 skeins Berroco Pure Merino DK in Black Magic (100% Merino 50 grams/126 yards)
(B) 1 skein Colinette Cadenza in Magenta (100% Merino 50 grams/132 yards)
(C) 1 skein Berroco Pure Merino DK in Ecru (100% Merino 50 grams/126 yards)
(D) 1 skein Berroco Pure Merino DK in Cardinal (100% Merino 50 grams/126 yards)
(E) 1 skein Berroco Pure Merino in Mimosa  (100% Merino 50grams/92 yards)
3 stitch markers

**Note Color (E) is only going to be used for two stitches (really) so if you have any leftover yellow yarn that you think will work for her nose, feel free to substitute it in**

CO 64 sts with (A). Divide sts onto 3 needles (20, 20, 24) Make sure the needle you will be working with first has the largest amount of sts.

Join in round. Place stitch marker to indicate beginning of round.

With (A), work 1x1 rib for 12 rnds

*With (B) knit across for 8 rnds

With (A) knit across for 8 rnds

Repeat from * 2 more times

Begin working row 1 of color chart 1 for 24 sts. Finish round with (B)

Continue in this fashion through row 8 of color chart 1

Begin working row 9 of color chart 1 for 24 sts. Finish round with (A)

Continue in this fashion through row 16 of color chart 1

Begin working row 17 of color chart 1 for 24 sts. Finish round with (B)

Continue in this fashion through row 24 of color chart 1

With (A), work 1x1 rib for 12 rnds.

BO loosely

repeat for second legwarmer except use color chart 2

Color Chart 1
Color Chart 2

No comments:

Post a Comment