Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pokemon Fever

Pokemon Black & White was recently released (March 6th 2011) and I admit, I let myself get swept up in the new gamer craze. After almost three weeks of having my brother and all his friends constantly having their faces pressed against their DS(i) consoles, I found myself longing to play, too. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a new DSi and Pokemon Black this past weekend for my birthday. My brother's friend Mark was over today, and after spending some time playing together, he asked me if I could knit him a cozy for his DS. After an exhaustive search for a suitable (and creative) pattern, we decided that I would just make a plain case, and knit a pokeball charm to attach to the zipper.

Unfortunately, there was no knit pokeball pattern to be found. It was up to me to design one. I found this simple ball pattern, and took an extra step and created my own color chart to create a ball in the likeness of a pokeball. I've decided to be nice and post the color chart I've created so other crafty pokelovers can enjoy it!

Follow color chart row for row with the pattern. Don’t worry, the hardest part of the chart is worked over rows 11-18, so you won’t have to worry about increasing or decreasing while changing yarn colors


Pokeball Color Chart



I will be casting on the cozy this weekend and I PROMISE to post the finish product as soon as it's done!

**updated 4/14/11**
Knitting in this in the round with dpn's makes it come out MUCH nicer! Just join in the round replace rows with rounds and P with K, and boom! Instead of binding off purlwise, draw your yarn through the remaining stitches, pull closed, and weave in your end!  It's done faster since there is no need to sew it up after! Just don't forget to stuff it!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute and creative!! Thank you for sharing!! I have "pinned" this to my Pinterest and can't wait to try it :D

    ReplyDelete